If you are looking for the right sciatica treatments for your sciatic nerve issues, then there are many ways that you can use in order to try and treat it yourself. Of course, if it is a serious case, then you will want to go straight to the neurologist or neurosurgeon in order to get the care that you need. However, you can also try some remedies yourself. There are many ways to treat sciatica, both from your doctor and on your own. Listed here are several of the many ways that you can use in order to control or treat your sciatica:
- Medicine. One of the treatment options that you can try includes the use of medicine. When you choose to use medicine then you can reduce the inflammation of your sciatica as well as help with the pain.
- Physical therapy. You can also try physical therapy as an attempt and effort to alleviate the pressure on your nerve. This is a good way to help with the pain as well.
- Sciatica surgery. As a last resort, you will want to have surgery in order to fix or resolve your sciatica pain.
- Spinal injections. Another option for treatment is to get spinal injections. There are injections that are anti-inflammatory medicines that are deposited right in the locations of the pain.
- Quitting smoking. Another way to treat and help your sciatic pain is to quit smoking. Smoking promotes disc degeneration and will make everything worse.
- Exercise. You can also start to exercise as this is one of the best ways to prevent irritation and to help relieve pressure on your nerve.
- Yoga. Yoga is another thing that will help to relieve the pressure on your nerve.
- Acupuncture. You can also try acupuncture to relieve the pressure on your nerve. This can also help with stress relief.
- Massage. Massage will also help to relieve the stress and pressure of your sciatic nerve pain.
- Move! Simply moving around is a treatment that will help to relieve some of the pressure if you are not active already. If you are already active, then you can try to mix up your routine a little.
As you can see, there are many different ways to treat sciatica and many of these are things that you can try yourself. If you want to treat your sciatica, then you will want to first visit a doctor in order to fully assess your case and to help you determine the best choices for your care. You can find the right neurologist or neurosurgeon through recommendations from your doctor or through online research. You can then schedule a consultation with them in order to best determine if they will be a good fit for you or not.
There are many neurosurgeons out there but if you want to choose the best, then you can start with the experts over at Boulder Neurosurgical and Spine Associates. They are the leading experts in neurosurgical care and can help you best determine the right treatment options for your sciatica issues.