Now that the summer is over, it’s once again time for people to get back to their normal lives. The summer is a time when the kids are around all day, you take vacations intermittently, you attend weddings, and you generally find more time to do the things you love. Once it’s over, it’s back to work on a regular schedule, the kids go back to school, and you settle into your typical life. Thus, the end of summer also often brings with it the beginning of projects around the home. There’s no better time than the fall, with it’s cooler temperatures, to do work around the house. It’s a great time to finally remodel your kitchen, to rip out your carpet and replace it with hardwood flooring, or to remove your old window treatments and replace them with custom window coverings. If you’re planning on installing new custom window coverings this fall, a wise decision to be sure, then make sure you’ve thought about these five things before you go and pick them out.
1. The Design of Your Home. The first thing to think about when you’re picking out custom window coverings is the design of your home. Think about what type of flooring you have, how the light should be captured in the home, what color your furniture is, and what color your walls are. Thinking about these things will help you figure out which products are going to look best once they’re installed.
2. The Brand You’re Going to Buy. The second thing to think about is which brand you’re going to buy. There are a number of companies manufacturing custom window coverings, and each one is a little bit different than the rest. Figure out which brand matches your unique tastes.
3. Cost. As with anything, you should always be thinking about cost when you’re picking out custom window coverings. It’s easy to get carried away and to end up spending hundreds of even thousands of dollars on custom window coverings. Know what your budget is and stick to it.
4. Type. One of the most important things to think about when you’re picking out window coverings is the type of window covering you want for each room. Maybe in one room you want custom window shades because of the way they capture or block the sun’s light, while in another room you’ll want custom window shutters because of how they look. Take pictures of the rooms of your home and bring them with you to the store because they’ll help you visualize which types of products will look good in each room of your home. It’s a little tip that can really help you pick out the perfect product.
5. Where You’re Going to Get Them From. Lastly, you should think hard about which store you’re going to buy your custom window coverings from. You want a store that offers a wide variety of affordable products, such as Blinds and More, Inc. Picking the store that you buy them from is almost as important as which products themselves you end up buying.